Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another food entry...


Sausage-stuffed Portobellos with Spinach!  Oh my goodness talk about YUM!  This is a recipe gotten from (here)  I must admit, her photo turned out much better.  I'm still working on learning how to photograph food...  Anyhow, a few of you have mentioned that I should include the recipes as well.  I'm going to be lazy and just have the link to the blog I got it from I'm sure Pam won't mind...(right Pam?)  This recipe is from "Cuisine at Home's Weeknight Grilling"- Dinners from grill to table in 30 minutes, I may have to try to find this book for my own collection.  Like Pam, as I was eating this I was thinking of when I could make it again!  The mushrooms had that great meaty texture to it and the sausage gave it a bit of a tasty "zing"! (I used whole seasoned bulk sausage)   The onions and peppers gave it a little soft textured crunch and the cheese was gooey. (I used Pams's suggestion of dotting the cheese on top instead of adding it to the meat mixture) The tomatoes gave it freshness and the topping was crunchy and topped it off to wonderful perfection!  I served it with couscous that had arugula and spinach added to it and the whole meal was fabulously delicious!  AND  it really wasn't a messy meal.  I used one pan to cook the stuffing components in and one bowl for the topping.  I grilled the mushrooms on the grill outside and there you have it!  





Oh, and here is the plate at the end of the meal!  
This is a meal worth serving to family and friends!  Thank you Pam for bringing this recipe to my attention it is much appreciated!


       



Yesterday my in-laws came to visit.  They will be with us over the weekend and today we will be going to an Antique shop I discovered a while back.  I love going to Antique shops so I am really looking forward to getting going!  

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and please do try this recipe!  And DO enjoy the rest of "Sidewalk shoes' "  blog.  

3 comments:

Corinnea said...

That sounds great! Love Portobellos. Trouble finding decent ones here, ya know....

pam said...

I am so glad you liked them! I plan on making them all the time over the summer and trying different variations. And your picture is great!

Jessica said...

YUMMM!!!! Now I just have to figure out how to get matt to eat a mushroom....