Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday and it was niiiiice......




Saturday was a busy day! But a truly beautiful day! My honey and I spent the better part of the day working on scraping a house here in town to get it ready for painting. Our church is doing a mission project and we chose to help a family in our town by painting their house. There are photo's that someone took but I haven't gotten them yet. Someone said that they took one of me on the ladder that was up on the porch roof and I was on the top rung scraping away with my honey holding the ladder. Funny man... he used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes on a regular basis while in the Army, but doesn't like to get up high on a ladder. So anyhow... I wasn't on that ladder for too long, just long enough to really start feeling the "burning in the shoulders". That was our day. We finished for the day by 4:30 p.m. and headed for home. The house we were scraping was only a block and a half away so we walked back to our house, got ourselves a nice tall glass of barley tea, for me and a beer for him and sat on the porch and enjoyed a bit of rest. (Rest or no. We SO feel the effects today!)

Then we got up after an hour and got ready for a fun evening at our local winery, Soaring Wings. We showered off all the scraped up bits of paint and sweat, got dressed into nice clean clothes and headed for our garden where we grabbed some sweet, orange cherry tomatoes and fresh basil and prepared to kabob them on little skewers with some fresh mozzarella. Drizzled some olive oil over them all and sprinkled a bit of french sea salt and voila! Something yummy to take with us to tide us over until we ate some bbq pig! This past Saturday was Soaring Wings annual "Swine on the Vine" event and it's always a fun event. Food, wine and live music and going with friends, it's even more fun!


The evening was just beautiful. At one point the sun was setting and the moon was coming up and they were nearly at the same level at the same time!


I couldn't get them both in the same frame, though I tried. So here you get the one......





....And then the other.





I probably should have put the photo's the other way around since the moon was coming up on the left side of the setting sun. But you get the picture... (sorry, no pun intended) ;)





It was a wonderful way to end the day.

I hope ya'll had a great weekend too and I'll post again soon!

1 comment:

Corinnea said...

Oooohhh lovely weekend! Just enough work to make you appreciate the relaxation... Glad you guys had fun!