Thursday, August 18, 2011

Where have I been?


Hello everyone!

The question is... Where have I been? The answer..... here all along.

It's been a blur of a summer. Not sure where IT went. Time seems to be moving at lightning speed these days and I feel as if I'm standing in place watching the blur of time pass me by.

I do remember cleaning. I did some intense house cleaning! Intense as in vacuuming from ceiling to floor (from picture mouldings to baseboards and everything in between!) and then wiping EVERYTHING down with a damp cloth from ceiling to floor. Cleaning air purifier filters. Changing out A/C filters. Basically trying to get rid of any cat hairs or dander so that my family members who have extreme allergies to cats won't step foot in my house and die! We have two of them. Not cats, although we do have two of them too. But, family members who are allergic to them! Happily, both of those family members were able to spend time in our house and not have too much of a reaction. But, I was exhausted! That is some intense cleaning! Well worth it, mind you! But, I would NOT do this for anyone I didn't absolutely love and adore!!!!

I've also purchased fabric to make baby quilts out of. I've gotten as far as washing the fabrics and ironing them. (Yup, I'm a pre-washer) but I haven't touched them since. I've purchased yarn as well for baby items, but... alas, haven't done anything with them either.

We've had the Sarpy County Fair already and that was a busy time. Our church has a food stand at the fairgrounds so every year we (from the church) work hard to prep chicken and other foods to sell at the fair stand. We're known for our broasted chickens and TONS of homemade pies! And we spend a week cleaning the fair stand to get it ready to open up, then man the fair stand into the evenings for four days. Then clean it again in preparation for resting until the next years fair.

Oh! I do remember actually doing something other than cleaning or working for the Fair! I made a little owl for my grandbaby! I haven't sent it yet though. It was supposed to be a birthday gift for him but it didn't get completed in time to send with his other gifts. But he will be going soon!


Isn't he cute?! I got the pattern out of the Knitsimple magazine, the Holiday 2010 edition. I had never made anything like this but the pattern is so well written that it was a breeze to make! And it went so quickly that I am considering making another one in a slightly different yarn color.

And, while I've got your attention.... notice the chair? This is another Craiglist item. Baby girl sent me the link to these chairs (there are two in two different but coordinating fabrics) to check out. And I got them! The price for them was WAAAAY too good to pass up! Thank goodness Baby girl has the same taste as I do! ;-) I LOVE them! And if you look at the chairs you'll notice.....


Sorry about the photos. It's a bad picture taking day. Dark and cloudy.



the chairs match the color of the wall. (I have not managed to get the walls repainted yet). I LOVE the bones of these chairs. Eventually, I hope to get them recovered. But they are in pretty good shape so (thankfully) there is no hurry to get them recovered yet.

And speaking of painting. I finally got the floors of our front porch re-painted. We had some of the floor boards replaced and the carpenter primed the new boards but I was supposed to paint them. Well, after nearly a year! I finally got them painted. Yay!


So, I guess I have done a few things since the last time I blogged. It just doesn't feel as if I've done enough because there are SO many more things I need to get done before the middle of next month! Like the baby quilts and baby knits! Not to mention the slipcovers! ACK! I need to get busy.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. ;-)

6 comments:

chellebelle said...

So good to see you.. busy, busy, busy summer.. I'm off to see my dad with John and the boys this Sunday.. spend a little time in Eastern Oregon.. maybe we can get together soon for a visit?

Norma's Nonsense said...

WOW. You have been BUSY! Love your great chair story AND the chairs. The painted floor. The owl, so cute. Your cleaning made me too tired to do my own. :) Good hearing from you again.

Norma's Nonsense said...

I thought I had commented on this post; evidently I didn't. Just wanted to say I love your home and all the things that you have done. It should be in a decorating magazine. And I love the owl!!! Great post.

Jessica said...

craigslist is awesome... love seeing your projects!

Corinnea said...

So glad you're back! Love your projects you finished that owl is too cute. The chairs are great. I love the shape. Good for reading and tucking your feet up in!

Joan's Good Life said...

Thanks everyone! Not sure what happened. Just sort of got away from me but I'll be working on more things here in the near future. Have lots of projects in the works for the grandbabies!

And sorry Norma. I meant to post the comments sooner but.... again, time got away from me. But, thanks for all the kind word! I love all the nice things you had to say! ;-)

And that goes to all of you who hang in there with me! Ya'll make me want to post more often! ;-)