Thursday, December 11, 2014

Today

Hello everyone!

Today is a busy day.  My niece is coming over for a couple of days and I'll be picking her up.   She actually arrived in Nebraska on Tuesday and has been visiting a friend for the past 2 days.  She's never been here before so I'm a little excited to have her see our town and house.  And I am hoping that she will tell my folks how lovely this area is so that they'll finally move out here!

Today, I also have a vet appointment for the kitties.  It's shot time.  I've already brought out the crates so they won't suspect anything when I pick them up to cuddle them this morning.  I can get them easily and then slide them into the crates.  Once they are in them they are fine.  It's the getting them that can be a challenge.  Then I will bring them back and then head  back out to get my niece.  And together we will do a little shopping at the Base since that is where her friend lives.

Today, I will do a little more re-arranging around the house.  I cleaned and picked up and tried to do some last minute organizing.  Which actually means, I've put things away where they don't necessarily go but I'm in a mad frenzy to get the place looking decent.  Does anyone else do that or is it just a lazy me thing?  Anyhow, I'm sure I'll be walking around the next couple of months trying to find that "thing" that was sitting on my desk the last time I looked and I'll be tearing the house apart undoing all the hard work I did the last few days, because I shoved that "thing" into some closet or drawer!  Blah.

Today, my hand hurts.  Yup, my fingers are hurting because I'm getting old and I have arthritis.  All that cleaning and picking up makes my fingers hurt.

Today, I will be putting the final touches, i.e. making the beds up, for the other guest bedroom which will be occupied by First Born, Dilly-Girl and the grand babies, tomorrow!!!  I rearranged the bedroom so it will be able to accommodate their 2 dogs and cat as well.  It will be a "cozy" little arrangement.  We are SO excited to spend time with them!!!  The grand babies are no longer babies, they are 3 & 4 and I have missed them LOADS!

There is so much more that I need to get done today, but I will put it off for a few days (luckily, they are things that can be put off!) We'll spend time with my niece and then settle the grand babies and Dilly-Girl and animals and then I will tackle those other things.

Right, I will end this now so I can do a few last minute tidying up and then take the kitties to the vet and then...

The rest of today, I will just enjoy my time with my niece.

I hope your today will be everything you want it to be.  If you have a long to do list, take 10 minutes out of the day and sit down with a cup of tea/coffee and relax, breathe and make a "10 things I'm grateful for" list in your head.  Trust me, you'll feel ever so much better for it!

Have a wonderful day.

No comments: