Thursday, January 8, 2009

2009!

Hello everyone!  Well, here it is, 2009 and what have I accomplished thus far?  Nada.  Nothing.  Zip.

I decided that this is the year I am going to do some of the things I wanted to do last year.  So I told my honey.  "Honey, I'm going to take the month of January off".  Needless to say, he wasn't too thrilled with that statement because he didn't understand it.  I am a housewife, how does a housewife take a month off, you ask?  Well, this is how I was  going to do it.  I was going to let all the regular housework type stuff sort of slide by the wayside, only doing what absolutely had to be done.  And THEN I was going to do all the stuff that I had put off all last year.  Stuff like... painting (in oils, watercolors & acrylics), drawing, sewing, crocheting, knitting, woodworking, stained glass, soap making and crafting in general.  So, here it is the 8th of January and you'd think that I'd have done several things by now, right?  NOT!  All I've managed to do thus far is,  make one item for my baby girl and working, still, on a little girl hat that should have  been completed daaaaaaayyyyyssssss ago!  It's a knitted hat and, okay so it's only my second item that I've ever knitted, still....  I should have been done by now!  Oh, did I mention that it takes nearly a gabillion needles  in order to make this hat?  And I thought two needles were difficult to manage when I made my first knitted item.  Here I am using 5 and at one time actually had 6 needles going!  Is that crazy or what?!  But it is such a cute little hat and I have in mind just the cutest little girl to wear this hat.  BUT, she may never get it at this rate!
She may even outgrow it before she ever gets a chance to wear it!  I didn't get the size of her head so I have no idea if it's even the correct size for her.   So, I'm nearly at the half way point now and it's just a matter of getting the TIME to sit down and work on it.  But this whole "taking the month off" just doesn't seem to be working at all!  
You know, I did make the time to get together with a talented friend of mine earlier this week.  She is going to help me with my drawing/painting, I hope. (Poor friend, I don't think she realizes what she's gotten herself into!)  Anyhow, I got together with her and all I managed to get done was three whole drawings of a box and some really saaaaad partial drawings.  And ask me if I've done any more practice drawings of the box.  Go ahead, ask.  Well, the answer is a resounding NO! No box, no hat no nuthin! 

 So now I have to ask, where is all my time going?  It's not like I sit around all day.  For crying out loud, my cat and dog follow me around the house begging me to sit down long enough for them to snuggle down on me for a little bit, and THAT'S when I'm actually at home!   I'm hardly ever home and when I am I HAVE to get some laundry done, seriously, I can't let my honey walk around in icky underwear!  And I can't go around just not making our bed!  And dirty dishes in the sink?  NO WAY!  I have managed to go without breaking out the vacuum this week, but let me tell you THAT in itself has been work.  It's been in the back of my head all week that there are little furfies everywhere, just growing and multiplying every second!  So, here I am re-assessing the situation and coming to the conclusion that there is no "taking the month off" for a housewife.  Or maybe it's just me.  I thought it would be a piece of cake.  How difficult is it for a basically lazy person to just not do stuff?  Evidently, very.

  Oh my gosh!  I think this subject may be a whole nuther post!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You make me laugh... Maybe you should record where you time is going so you know what you did?? Or instead of taking the time off set aside a part of the day that is just for accomplishing stuff... so then you aren't thinking of everything you need to be doing and you are just focusing on your project. I think I would get distracted but the furfies ....

Corinnea said...

Taking time off, making time, finding time, these are all elusive concepts to me. Sounds like you gave it a good try, maybe you should keep trying and see what happens.