Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kids....


Hello everyone! Hope ya'll are doing well and keeping out of trouble.

Can you believe it's February already? If this keeps up the year is going to just fly by! Back in the day it seemed like the first part of the year just dragged. But, not this year!

So, I have managed to complete a couple of projects. Of course they were tiny little projects so they went relatively quickly (for me that is. For anyone else it would have been a blink of an eye or two at most!) Anyhoooooooo

The kids came over to pick up their little gifts. I had made a hat for the little girl a couple of years ago and just a few months ago her big brother wanted to know "How's come you don't make me sumfin?" Which made me feel bad because I had indeed planed on making him something right after I had made her the hat. So, it took him asking me that question to get me off my lazy duff and make him "sumfin". And here it is. A hat and matching scarf.

You have no idea how difficult it was to get pictures of them. Even though it LOOKED as if they were standing still.... when I looked at the photo's they were blurry. And it wasn't both at the same time, one or the other was blurry. Like they couldn't keep their heads still for half a second at the same time!

So here she is with the two year old hat and her new scarf. I still have more of these yarns left. I'm thinking about making her a bigger hat in a different style with the same yarns for next year. They are just the cutest kids. If only they would stand still for just a second or two... I'm sure momma thinks the same thing. Quite often she looks a bit tired and ready for a well deserved nap. Did I mention she's our choir director? Oh and that she's a teacher for 4th graders too? Yeh, I'd be exhausted too. Wait, I was exhausted just trying to take photo's! ;-0


Here's one of them together. He's a bit out of focus but she's good. And that is how it was the whole time they were here. One or the other was moving. Kids...

3 comments:

chellebelle said...

cute, cute, cute! I feel like that at my house constantly.. I feel like I need a nap right now! What great "sumfins" you make! cozy little hats and scarves!

Corinnea said...

The"sumfins" are so cute. The kids are hilarious. All movement and chirpy little voices, I miss little ones around!!!!

Shari said...

Yup, they are just as busy as you saw them...all day long...they NEVER stop moving...unless they're sacked out...even then they are active sleepers. They love their "sumfins!" Thanks, again!!