Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And then there were three....


Hello everyone! I hope you all have been having a wonderful summer. It's been hot as blazes nearly all across the country. But I must admit to not having to deal with that on most days. It was relatively cool in Washington. And thank goodness for that since the kids don't have air conditioning! I spent the last nearly four weeks in Federal Way, Washington. Enjoying time with our son and dilly-girl aaaaaaaand time with our new grandbaby! For those of you who don't know (because I didn't ever blog during my time with them) the kids had a beautiful and healthy little boy on Aug. 3, 2010 at 6:04 p.m. He weighted 8lbs. 9.5 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long
Doesn't he look like one of those glowworm toys? And he is so cute for just having been born! Mother, daddy and baby all doing well. In fact, they are doing really well because they survived not only having a baby but also entertaining a house full of people in a matter of days after having had little Aidan!

My family came up from CA. four days after he was born. My parents, two nieces and my great-nephew! It was so great to be able to share this time with them and dillygirl was fantastic letting everyone hold Aidan! She didn't get hardly any time with him except to feed him. I know that had to be difficult for her and for Aidan's daddy! ;-)

He is such a good baby! He sleeps well, eats well and is staying up more and more and playing well! I could just watch him ALL THE TIME! Of course, now that I'm back home and they are in WA. it makes it quite difficult to sit and watch him all the time. And although the kids are really good about sending pictures everyday... it's just not the same!

Even Ricky loves the little guy! Every time Aidan left the room, Ricky wanted to follow. And when Aidan came back in, Ricky had to go over and check him out. They (First Son and Dillygirl) also have a cat. And the cat watches out for Aidan as well! There were a couple of tense moments when both Ricky and the cat wanted to check the baby out at the same time. (They don't necessarily like each other....) but all went well.

So this is the newest addition to our family. And please forgive the new Nana for posting lots of pictures of the little munchkin. I'll try to keep it to just a few in each post! ;-)

I'll be sharing other things in the coming post. Things besides the little munchkin. So this is it for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

WHAT A GORGEOUS BABY! You can post as many pictures as you want- It's your blog!! I am so glad you were able to spend time with him!

Norma's Nonsense said...

Joan you feel free to post as many pictures of that beautiful baby boy as you want to. He is so beautiful. How wonderful that you got to be there to get to know him. And how sweet of your DIL to share him with so many. Congratulations to you and the family.

pam said...

Congratulations Grandma!! He's a cutie!

Corinnea said...

He is so handsome!!!!! Never too many photos. So glad you (and Ricky) had such a great time with your kids and the little guy! BTW, I love his name!

chellebelle said...

Photos anytime!!! he is perfect and I'm so glad that you got to be there for his birth. And that you got to spend some time there with the family afterwards. I am also unreasonably glad that you were in my neck of the woods.. you got to visit in the PNW for a while (Pacific North West for those who don't know.)