Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A little D.I.Y.


And it was so simple!

Ran some errands this morning and decided to stop by the thrift shops around the west end of Omaha. And I saw this cute little cast iron bench. We have a rather boring west side of the yard. Although we've moved several shrubs into the area and planted a few more hostas, it still looks pretty boring. So I decided to pick this little gem up. I figured, with a little paint, it would work in adding a little interest to our yard.


Here it is primed...





And here it is completed!


This was so easy. And it took about 1/2 an hour to complete! I absolutely adore easy D.I.Y's! And I have to admit that as much as I LOVE fixing things up or repurposing things. I just don't do very much of it. But having read various blogs like The Traveling Thrifter, Perfectly Imperfect and Freckled Laundry just to name a few, I decided that it was time for me to get back out there and begin doing things the way I used to.

So, what a great way to get back into the swing of things. A little baby step and next... A lamp and some more spray paint! Just wait till you see what I am going to attempt ala Heather at...Traveling Thrifter! You have to see her Faux Zinc chest! Awesome!

Check out those blogs and see what marvelous things these ladies have been up to!

Ta-taa! ;-)

2 comments:

Heather* said...

wow Joan you have me right up there with perfectly imperfect....I love her blog! Thanks!

Corinnea said...

Very cute! Nice to see you doing stuff like that again. You did some very cool stuff!!