Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thrift shop find!


I found this in one of my favorite thrift shops in West O. This particular thing that I found recently is a.... Daybed! Not sure how old it is. But......

L-O-V-E!

I fell in LOVE with the cane work on either end!



LOVE the fact that it has a really strong/sturdy metal spring & frame system!



I adore the scroll work on the bottom front.



I love the legs...! And...
Initially, I intended to slip-cover all the cushions and pillows.



But... now, I'm kinda thinking, maybe not.

What do you think?

;-)

6 comments:

pam said...

I love it!! And it's kitty cat approved!

Corinnea said...

I see why you love it. It's very pretty! What fabric are you wanting to use? When I read recover, I pictured a seat cushion and cushions at either end. Then I saw all of them and now I'm not sure.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Love the grey, is it velvet? Thanks for visiting Moms Sunday Cafe.

Joan's Good Life said...

Pam, don't you just love it when the kitty lets you know that they like your choices? ;-)

Corinnea, the fabric I'm thinking of covering the daybed with is bleached painters drop cloth. But there are 11 (total) cushions! I didn't even put the large bolster on the bed to be photographed!

And Melynda, The color (the light in this room wasn't very good) is actually a dusty blue. And it's a corduroy fabric (large welt). With all the cushions, I'm kinda thinking perhaps I can live with this fabric for a while. Not so sure I want to tackle making slipcovers for ALL the cushions! ;-)

Thanks for all the comments!

Jessica said...

I totally dig it. I wouldn't recover for now- especially to the painters cloth I have seen that done and like it but not sure that it would look good in this case...

Joan's Good Life said...

Thanks Jess! I'm SO glad you think so! I'm really good with the idea of leaving it be. For now anyhow. Ha-ha!