Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July 2009



Hope you all had a fun, yet safe 4th of July!  We went down to Manhattan, KS to visit with baby girl and my honey's family.  We try to go there every year at this time since many of my honey's siblings live nearby and those that don't make a pilgrimage out for the pyrotechnics.  When you get all those "boys" together it can get rather dangerous...!  This year was rather tame though, thank goodness.


 
This is my In-laws home.   I call it "quietly Patriotic".   They have the flag hung up all the time.  Unlike us, they remember to take the flag in at sundown.  We always forget and we don't have lights for it so...  We only put our flag out three times a year.








And here is my house.  Not so quietly Patriotic. Yes I am a bit more "flamboyant" and I'm okay with that.  Besides, we live on Main Street AND this is the first year that this house has looked "lived" in for over two years!    I was making a statement.  ;-)  Hmmmm, I should probably go back to the store and see if I can't buy some more of the bunting to put on the sides of the porch.  I really think the porch needs them on the ends as well!  Yup, I think I'll go check out the stores...

Hope ya'll had a fun filled 4th!  I'm going shopping!

7 comments:

Corinnea said...

Oh yeah, you totally need the bunting on the sides too. I might even opt for flags on every pillar. I am not joking. I LOVE the way it looks! So YOU. I want to sit on your porch and watch the world. Glad you had a good 4th! Miss ya!

Norma's Nonsense said...

I agree with you and Corinnea about the bunting on the sides...now about more flags, not so sure about that, BUT the sitting on your beautiful porch and sipping sweeten ice tea and watching the world go by, sounds great!

Jessica said...

more flags more bunting and figure out something to take it to the second floor. If you are going flamboyant I say go all the way!of course all four flags are only appropriate at the 4th...

pam said...

I love your house!

Shari said...

Happy belated 4th! Your house always looks so nice when I drive down Main street. But, what about the back porch? Did you do anything back there? :-)

Joan's Good Life said...

Update... So I went out to look for more bunting and of course there are none to be had. Was hoping I could find some on sale... but no.

Next year I'll be getting more to add to the front porch and I'll also grab some for the back balcony area and the deck in the back yard.

Thank's for all the porch love!

chellebelle said...

Just lovely! and of course it should go all the way around!